Largest airport in Vietnam’s Mekong Delta launches service to Bangkok

0

A new service linking the southern city of Can Tho with Bangkok was inaugurated this week, becoming the first international service of the largest airport in Vietnam’s Mekong Delta.

The inaugural flight of the new service departed from Bangkok yesterday, and landed at Can Tho International Airport, with 180 passengers onboard an Airbus A320 operated by Thailand’s Thai VietJet Air.

This is the first international flight the airport has received since opening in 2011.

Starting Tuesday, there will be one flight between the two cities every five days, with departure in Bangkok set at 11:30 am, and in Can Tho, 1:30 pm.

The Can Tho-Bangkok service was launched as a cooperation deal between Vietravel, which is a leading Vietnamese tour organizer, the Can Tho administration, and Thai VietJet Air.

The travel firm will book 75 percent of the seats for every flight, whereas the Can Tho administration will cover the remaining 25 percent, according to their agreement.

A single ticket costs VND2.69 million (US$124), and is available at Vietravel branches in Can Tho and other Mekong Delta provinces, including Ca Mau, Kien Giang and An Giang.

The Can Tho administration has applied the same cooperation model to open an air service connecting the city with Da Lat, the capital city of the Central Highlands province of Lam Dong.

Located around 170km southwest of Ho Chi Minh City, Can Tho is the economic hub of the Mekong Delta.

Read the original story here: http://tuoitrenews.vn/business/29357/largest-airport-in-vietnams-mekong-delta-launches-first-intl-service-to-bangkok

Share.

About Author

Founded by two travel and technology professionals with years of experience in Asia, Representasia specialises in sales & marketing representation throughout Southeast Asia for travel/hospitality technology providers and travel-related startups, as well as providing marketing consultancy services for hotels and travel businesses in the region.

Join the Conversation!